Today Jonathan walks you through 3 different chest pocket options that you will find when shopping or designing a custom suit, sports jacket, or blazer as well as which one is right for you!
1. Diagonal Chest Pocket:
- This is the most common chest pocket style you'll find, often seen in off-the-rack suits.
- It features a diagonal line on the chest, creating a slight visual upward movement towards the shoulder.
- This option is versatile and can work for various occasions.
- It's a flattering choice due to the diagonal line.
- The Barchetta pocket is boat-shaped, slightly rounding towards the chest.
- It's an elegant and shapely choice, often associated with Neapolitan tailoring.
- Best for those with prominent chests, as it complements the natural chest shape.
- Adds a touch of sophistication to your jacket.
- The patch chest pocket is the most casual option.
- It's an actual patch of fabric sewn onto the chest, often tilted slightly for a rounded appearance.
- Great for a relaxed, informal look.
- Ideal for those who don't intend to use it for a pocket square but might carry sunglasses or small items.
- The diagonal and Barchetta chest pockets are generally dressier options suitable for various events.
- The patch chest pocket offers a more casual vibe and is perfect for laid-back occasions.
- Consider your body type and the formality of the event when choosing a chest pocket style.
- Personal preference plays a role; choose the one that resonates with your style.