Cocktails and Christmas go hand-in-hand. Whether you want to serve some drinks to break up that awkward family tension or just show off your mixology skills to a couple of friends, knowing how to concoct a couple festive libations can never hurt. That’s why we partnered with the good people at The One-Eighty Restaurant to teach us how to stir up some holiday cheer.
Crushed Candy Cane Chocolate Martini
2oz of Vodka
1 glass of chocolate milk
3oz of chocolate liqueur
Crushed candy canes
1. First, take your desired martini glass and rim it in water and then roll the glass rim with crushed candy canes.
2. Mix the vodka, chocolate liqueur, and chocolate milk in a cocktail shaker with ice.
3. Shake it up.
4. Use a strainer and pour the mixture into the glass.
Holiday Glog (Spiced Mulled Wine)
1 glass of Cabernet Sauvignon
1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
1 cup apple cider
1/4 cup orange liqueur (Grand Marnier)
1 sliced orange
3 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
Sliced orange and cinnamon stick to garnish
1. Combine wine, honey, cider, orange liqueur, sliced orange, cloves, and cinnamon sticks to a saucepan and heat to medium-high heat. Once simmering, reduce to medium-low heat and continue to simmer for about 10 minutes.
2. Strain and serve, garnished with a sliced orange & cinnamon stick.
2oz of classic eggnog
1oz of milk
2oz dark rum
1 pinch ground cinnamon
Sliver of pecan pie for garnish
1. Froth the milk well, as if for a cappuccino.
2. Shake the remaining ingredients in an ice-filled cocktail shaker and strain into a glass.
3. Top with the frothed milk and garnish with grated nutmeg and a sliver of pecan pie.
1.5oz pomegranate liqueur
1.5oz cranberry juice
Crushed candy cane for garnish
1. First, take your desired glass and rim it in water. Then roll the crushed candies around the rim.
2. Pour the other ingredients into a martini shaker.
3. Add ice and shake.
4. Optional step: strain into glass and add fresh ice
The Cinnamon Twist
1.5oz spicy tequila
1.5oz homemade apple cider
.5oz cranberry juice
.5oz cinnamon-infused simple syrup
2 slices Serrano peppers
2 cinnamon sticks for garnish
1. Combine Serrano Peppers and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
2. Add in remaining ingredients and top with large ice cubes.
3. Shake and pour into a rocks glass.
4. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
We hope these cocktails warm your insides ,while bringing out your festive spirit. Cheers to the Holidays!